Yesterday was a Really hot day! I just loved it and wished I could have spent the whole day lounging outside, but those days are gone. It got up to 92 degrees. While I have lovin' it Little Guy couldn't find comfort in it. He's seen rain and cold all his life so the sun is throwing him a little of. I hope he gets used to it. And since it was so hot we decided to spend some time in the shade high style. We took out bamboo love seat out by our tree in our yard.
Hubby joined us as well with his computer, I talked him into staying home because we were looking at a house later that day.
While we were getting everything ready Little Guy lounged in his high chair with a nectorine in his food net thingy (I forgot what their called). He loved himself some nectorine. Today we are going to try watermelon. Should be messy & fun!
Once everything was ready to go I read Little Guy a Russian book and then I just took some pictures of him on the love seat.
When I put him down for his nap I managed to make Russian style juice called compote, cleaned the kitchen & the laundry. Yay for me! So the compote turned out really good and this is what I did...
1. I took a big pot and added water all the way to the top
2. I added 2 cups of sugar (The bigger the pot the more sugar you need to add) once the water started boiling
3. I took 2 packages of frozen berries that we had boughten earlier that week, added then in with the sugar
4. You let all of that boil for 10 minutes and then simmer for 20 minutes
5. When the big pot cools (usually a day or overnight) you get...
Well I'm gonna join Little Guy for a nap. Tomorrow is going to be a great post!